VLC is a free fully customizable and open source cross-platform multimedia player and framework that plays most multimedia files as well as DVD, Audio CD, VCD, and various streaming protocols. Download the latest version.
Don’t just use it for playing movies and songs, it has more to it. Below are among other things it can do.
1]- Rip DVDs: VLC includes a basic DVD ripper. You probably would never use it when there are better DVD rippers available, but it helps to know that you can in fact, get a decent quality DVD rip with VLC. To rip a movie follow these steps: Go to the Media menu and choose Convert/Save. Click on the Disc tab.
* Here you can adjust the Starting Position and rip only specific titles or chapters.
* Enter file name making sure to end with .MPG, and start ripping.
* Click Save.
2]- Record videos: With the new VLC, you can record videos during playback. The record button is hidden by default. To see it, click on View>Advanced Control. The record button will now appear. Clicking on the button while playing a movie or video will start recording. Clicking again will stop recording.
3]- Play RAR files: Do you know VLC can play videos zipped inside RAR files? They play like normal video files and you can even use the seek bar. If the RAR file is split into several files, no problem. Just load the first part (.part001.rar ) and it will automatically take the rest of the parts and play the whole file.
4]- Play in ASCII mode: VLC media player has an amusing ability, to playback movies in ASCII art. To enable ASCII mode, open VLC media player and click on Tools>Preferences. Open the section “Video” section and under “Output” select “Color ASCII art video output” from the drop down menu. Save it. Now play any video file to enjoy the ASCII art.
5]- Listen to online radio: VLC includes hundreds of Shoutcast radio stations. You just need to enable it through Media>Services Discovery>Shoutcast radio listings. Now, open the Playlist and browse through the stations.
6]- Convert Audio and Video formats: In VLC you can convert video and audio files from one format to another. Several different formats are supported like .MP4, .WMV, .AVI, .OGG, .MP3 etc. To access the converter:
* Go to Media>Convert/Save.
* Load the file you want to convert using the Add button and click Convert.
* Now choose the output format and output file location.
7]- Download YouTube and other online videos: First grab the URL of the YouTube video page. Now click on Media>Open Network stream. Paste the URL and click Play.
Once VLC starts streaming the video, click Tools>Codec Information and at the bottom of the window you will see a Location box. Copy the URL and paste it on your browser’s address bar. The browser will now download the file which you can save it to your hard disk. Alternatively, you can record the video.
Here’s a ridiculously easy tip to squeeze out as many users as you can on a dead or dying torrent. It’s particularly handy when a torrent stops near the end, and/or the seed count is listed as zero. Having said that, I’ve also noticed that it helps to increase download speeds from healthy torrents, as well.
NOTE: Do not attempt this trick with private torrents – it possibly might get you banned from the tracker. Use this tip with torrents you find at #############
How it works: Simple. Just copy/paste the list of public trackers into your torrent’s tracker list.
How many days is neglected due to the administration of the virus called MICROSOFT, HARRY POTTER and work together to create a SHORTCUT to almost all the existing folders.
I have to try to get information on how to kill this virus. From some info I received, finally tried the two steps manually and install antivirus and …. successful.
1. Turn off system restore.
2. Switch off the virus with Hijackthis or currprocess. Kill the process “wscript.exe”
3. Open the Windows Explorer | Folder Options and then Check “Show hidden files”, continues to lose also check “hide extension for known files” & “hide protected operating system files”.
4. Go to “my documents” continue search “database.mdb”, remove when found.
5. Continue to search with the keyword “thumb.db; Autorun.inf” (without the quotes). Choose advanced, and check Search system folders, Search Hidden Files & folders. Delete all found, except that related to Autorun software (usually a warning when the associated application)
6. Search again with the keyword “*. lnk” (without quotation marks), and delete all the shortcuts yellow (usually called the Microsoft, harry potter, new folder).
To ensure that no infected again, on the Run —> msconfig -> services. Uncheck the option “shell hardware detection”.
The most effective way is to install a good antivirus program on your computer. With this antivirus, SHORTCUTs caused by this virus will be deleted automatically.
This is yet another trick you can play on your friend. To disable the display of local or networked drives when you click My Computer go to : HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer Now in the right pane create a new DWORD item and name it NoDrives. Now modify it’s value and set it to 3FFFFFF (Hexadecimal) Now press F5 to refresh. When you click on My Computer, no drives will be shown. To enable display of drives in My Computer, simply delete this DWORD
1. Type “about:config” into the address bar and hit return. Scroll
down and look for the following entries:
Normally the browser will make one request to a web page at a time.
When you enable pipelining it will make several at once, which really
speeds up page loading.
2. Alter the entries as follows:
Set “network.http.pipelining” to “true”
Set “network.http.proxy.pipelining” to “true”
Set “network.http.pipelining.maxrequests” to some number like 30. This means it will make 30 requests at once.
3. Lastly right-click anywhere and select New-> Integer. Name it “nglayout.initialpaint.delay” and set its value to “0″.
This value is the amount of time the browser waits before it acts on information it receives.
4. In IPv6-capable DNS servers, an IPv4 address may be returned when an IPv6 address is requested. It is possible for Mozilla to recover from this misinformation, but a significant delay is introduced.
Type network.dns.disableIPv6 in the filter search bar and set this option to true by double clicking on it.
If you’re using a broadband connection you’ll load pages 2-30 times faster now.
When you click on the SHUTDOWN button, make sure to simultaneously press SHIFT Button. If you hold the Shift key down while clicking on SHUTDOWN button, your computer would restart without restarting the Computer. This is equivalent to term “HOT REBOOT”.
What is GOD Mode Folder?
It’s a folder packed with shortcuts to just about every settings change and administrative function in Windows 7. Everything you’ll find in the Action Center, Backup and Restore, Desktop Gadgets, Devices and Printers — it’s all there. All dumped in one central location for easy access. Learn how to do it:
1]- Create a New Folder anywhere in the drive your Windows is installed(You can create a new folder in My Documents or Desktop..anywhere its your wish).
2]- After creating the New Folder, right click on it and rename it to-
3]- You are done, you now have the GODMODE Folder with you. Enjoy all your powers!!
PS- It works with all versions of Windows 7, Works with Vista 32 bit as well, though I have heard that Vista 64 bit crashes on attempting this. So 64 Bitters with Vista Beware!